The NFL is showing it’s true colors and it’s pretty unfortunate the way things are being handled. Recently the NFL passed down a new policy in reference to kneeling got the National Anthem.
Here’s the new policy.
“The 32 member clubs of the National Football League have reaffirmed their strong commitment to work alongside our players to strengthen our communities and advance social justice. The unique platform that we have created is unprecedented in its scope, and will provide extraordinary resources in support of programs to promote positive social change in our communities.
The membership also strongly believes that:
1. All team and league personnel on the field shall stand and show respect for the flag and the Anthem.
2. The Game Operations Manual will be revised to remove the requirement that all players be on the field for the Anthem.
3. Personnel who choose not to stand for the Anthem may stay in the locker room or in a similar location off the field until after the Anthem has been performed.
4. A club will be fined by the League if its personnel are on the field and do not stand and show respect for the flag and the Anthem.
5. Each club may develop its own work rules, consistent with the above principles, regarding its personnel who do not stand and show respect for the flag and the Anthem.
6. The Commissioner will impose appropriate discipline on league personnel who do not stand and show respect for the flag and the Anthem.”
TMZ caught up with artist Common and he shared his thoughts on this new policy.
“I just think … telling people what they should do during a ceremony is not really what the country is based on, freedom of speech, freedom to be who you are … This country is supposed to be about us being independent and being able to be who we are. Especially in a ceremony where people aren’t trying to disrespect anything.”
Common understands it’s a business move but this is just ridiculous at this point. Make America Great Again…
Flip the page for the video.