A Florida man is convinced a neighborhood McDonald’s tried to poison him after he complained about his order being wrong.
WSFA NBC 12 reports that Lee Graves ordered a large coke from an area McDonald’s. When he was given a small instead, that’s when things took a turn.
“The girl hands me a small Coke, and as I’m talking on the phone, I politely whisper to her, ‘Ma’am, I ordered a large. This was supposed to be a large Coke.’ Well, she mumbled something, and I could not understand what she said. She shut the window,” Graves said.
After the worker gave him the large drink he asked for, Graves noticed something was wrong.
“As I’m leaving the parking lot, the Coke just starts to explode everywhere. It erupted like a darn volcano that’s a science experiment that a kid would do… My initial response was it’s spewing all over my brand new truck… so I grab it, and I take a couple of gulps to stop it from foaming. My initial impression was that it tasted like chlorine,” he said.
Graves claims he found a square-shaped tablet, which he believes is a bleach pod used by the restaurant for cleaning, at the bottom of the soda. It sent him to the hospital, where he got an IV and underwent several tests, including two rounds of blood work.
Police say the employee remembered handling Graves’ order and acknowledged the mix-up over the drink size, but she denied putting anything in the drink. She says the only time she touched the soda was to put the lid on and that she wasn’t upset about Graves’ correction.
The incident is currently still under investigation according to the report.
To see Graves’ full Facebook post describing the incident, plus pictures of the tainted coke, flip the page.