Thank you for your interest in the BSO contributor positions.
Responsibilities & requirements are as followed for the contributors.
- Writing Daily Sports and Entertainment Posts
- Ability to Cover Live Sports and Entertainment Events
- Ability to interview Sports and Entertainment Personalities
- Previous blogging, writing or media experience is preferred, but not required (independent experience is fine)
- WordPress Experience is preferred, but not required
Please do not reply unless you are truly dedicated to being an everyday journalist. We conduct ourselves as professional journalists who are in the industry of online media. We have covered over 500 live events (Super Bowl, NBA Finals, UFC PPV, PPV Boxing, Major motion picture screenings and award shows) in the past 12 months and our staff has had the opportunity to appear on television, radio and in print. Our contributors have moved on to jobs in TV, radio, and print with major sports, news, and entertainment media companies.
If you are interested and fit the criteria, just fill out the box below. Do not ask me questions via Twitter; I will reply to everyone via email immediately. If you don’t get an email ASAP, check your spam folder.
One last thing, if your social media spaces include racial or homophobic slurs, foul, hateful, discriminatory or vulgar language or you are just a daily troll, please do not apply.
One other thing because I get asked this a lot, you don’t have to be black to be considering, we are looking for people who are the future of media with unique voices, it doesn’t matter your race or gender.