This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that BlackSportsOnline does not own or control, or to individuals that BlackSportsOnline does not employ or manage.
What Personal Information About Users Does BlackSportsOnline Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our users:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information we collect includes:
* Registration: In order for you to use certain BlackSportsOnline services, such as submitting new articles to the Site, you must complete a registration form including your full name and email address.
* Member Profile: You have the option (but are not required) to enter your full name and the URL of your blog into your member profile for public display on the Site.
2. Automatic Information:
* We receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with us. BlackSportsOnline automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Bleacher Report cookie information, and the page you requested.
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. BlackSportsOnline cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
The “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies , how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. You may choose to disable or reject cookies when using the Service, but you may not be able to access some of BlackSportsOnline most attractive features.
* If you choose to provide posts from your blog via BlackSportsOnline, we may ask you to paste confirmation code into the external template of your blog that communicates with us to authenticate the blog as an authorized feed and places a badge on your blog identifying you as a Bleacher Report Affiliate.
How BlackSportsOnline Report Use My Information?
* Social sharing of User Content: BlackSportsOnline allows other users to browse stories that you have written, edited, or commented on. BlackSportsOnline Report may choose to post this data on other site features in the future.
* Syndication: BlackSportsOnline allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the website.
* API: Bleacher Report may allow third parties access to all BlackSportsOnline data that is already publicly available through BlackSportsOnline.com through an application program interface that allows other programs to interact with the Site. BlackSportsOnline will keep passwords and blog settings private.
* Traffic data: BlackSportsOnline uses this traffic data, including information gathered from cookies, to help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, research the market for our services, and administer the website.
Will BlackSportsOnline Share Any of the Information it Receives?
We will not rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
* With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Is Information About Me Secure?
* Only BlackSportsOnline employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
* BlackSportsOnline uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to BlackSportsOnline and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, BlackSportsOnline makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. This information includes your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your User Content.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your personal information on our website and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate by visiting your user profile setting page.
What Choices Do I Have?
* You can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
* You can choose to disable or reject cookies from the Service, but you may not then be able to access many features of BlackSportsOnline.
* You can add or update certain information on pages of the Site. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
Please e-mail [email protected]