How do you end up owing your mother half a million dollars?
Clinton Portis owes some serious debt to a bunch of creditors — to the tune of almost $5 million, and the list of people waiting to get paid will make you dizzy.
- $500,000 to Entertainment Tonight correspondent and CNN contributor Nischelle Turner
- $390,000 in back taxes
- $170,000 to the Borgata casino in Atlantic City
- $287,178.56 to the MGM Grand
- A combined $1,223,020 in mortgage deficiencies
- $500,000 to his mother
- $412,000 in unpaid domestic support to four different women
- $65,553 on a repossessed BMW
- $899.09 in unpaid telephone bills
Portis may want to invest in a Boost Mobile phone or something like that, but this should be a learning lesson for all.
According to the report, Portis brings in 3,500 per month in disability payments from the NFL, and $1,000 per month for sideline reporting at NFL games.