— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) September 21, 2016
Chris Bosh was hit with another blow in back-to-back seasons when his blood clots returned. Bosh has been fairly silent throughout the whole process, but he’s finally opening up to media sources.
Per the AP:
“They told me that my season’s over. My career is probably over. This just happened, this is just how it is,” Bosh said. “I felt right away that I was written off. … If a doctor tells me, ‘Hey, that’s it and this is how it is’ and I don’t buy that, I think that I have the right to disagree with you. I know inside me I have a lot of talent and a lot of ability. And I have it. I know it have it.”
Bosh made those revelations in a video released to former Heat teammate LeBron James’ “Uninterrupted” digital platform. It’s the second time Bosh has spoken about his saga with that platform, after a long podcast last week. Bosh also said he would be interviewed later Wednesday by James’ longtime manager Maverick Carter, that discussion scheduled to be streamed live on Facebook. […] The video, called “Rebuilt,” is a documentary chronicling what Bosh has gone through with his clot issues in each of the last two seasons.
“Wasn’t a matter of if I was going to play again, but when,” Bosh said in the video. “So we took the bull by the horns.” […] Bosh has been back in Miami for several days after spending some of his summer in Los Angeles, and it’s still unknown if he will be cleared for training camp that starts in the Bahamas next week.
Bosh has shown he’s determined to play by revealing doctors had cleared him to play during the 2016 playoffs, but the HEAT don’t seem to be budging on their opinion that Bosh shouldn’t play. The question remains should Bosh play in the upcoming season.
The sad part of this situation is that while Bosh is still young in NBA years, this isn’t your typical “injury.” Bosh is dealing with a matter of life and death, and while his love for the game remains, there are bigger things to consider than just the game of basketball.