During the current season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kim Kardashian-West revealed that she has a medical condition called ‘placenta accreta’ that make further pregnancies a life threatening impossibility. Not ready to give up on her dream of adding a third child to their growing family, she and husband Kanye west are going another route. Surrogacy.
According to TMZ, Kim and Kanye have successfully identified a surrogate and are moving forward with implantation. Acquired through an agency, the surrogate agrees to the following terms during the gestational period.
- $45,000 in 10, $4,500 monthly installments — If there are multiples, the surrogate gets $5k for each additional kid —
- If the surrogate loses reproductive organs, she gets $4,000 Kim and Kanye are also required to deposit $68,850 with the agency.
- The surrogate is required to refrain from smoking, drinking and drugs during the pregnancy.
- She also agrees to restrict sexual activities in the weeks leading up to the pregnancy, including foregoing sexual intercourse for 3 weeks following embryo implantation.
- The surrogate cannot go in hot tubs or saunas, cannot handle or change cat litter, apply hair dye, drink more than one caffeinated beverage per day or eat raw fish.
- The agreement provides that Kim and Kanye “assume the legal and parental responsibilities for any child … that may possess any congenital or other abnormalities or defects.”