Coach Bruce Arians obviously don’t give a hoot about Vita Vea losing his tooth during the second quarter of his team’s battle with the Indianapolis Colts as he dropped a hilarious reaction after the game.
Via Total Sports Pro:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle was bloodied while fighting in the trenches during the second quarter of his team’s battle with the Indianapolis Colts. Vea’s helmet became dislodged while rushing the passer. And his bare chin would then meet the helmet of Colts offensive guard Mark Glowinski — which sent one of his pearly whites flying.
TV cameras picked up images of him smiling as he made his way over to the sideline after losing his tooth.
Head Coach Bruce Arians reacting to Vita Vea losing his tooth, said:
“I don’t care. He’s got 30 other ones.”
This is, in fact, an accurate quote from Arians.
A normal adult mouth has 32 teeth, which (except for wisdom teeth) have erupted by about age 13:
• Incisors (8 total): The middlemost four teeth on the upper and lower jaws.
• Canines (4 total): The pointed teeth just outside the incisors.
• Premolars (8 total): Teeth between the canines and molars.
• Molars (8 total): Flat teeth in the rear of the mouth, best at grinding food.
• Wisdom teeth or third molars (4 total): These teeth erupt at around age 18, but are often surgically removed to prevent displacement of other teeth.
The most important thing is that the Bucs won the game even though they were down by double digits at halftime. I am sure Vea’s dentist was surprised to see him in the office on Monday morning. I wonder if he will get a diamond grill now?
Flip to the next page to watch the video of Vita Vea losing his tooth and Bruce Arians’ hilarious reaction.