It has been a mess between the Kings and Marvin Bagley.
He hasn’t been able to stay healthy, and they won’t play him much when he is. Before the start of this season, he was told that he wouldn’t be playing for whatever reason.
Bagley has only appeared in 1 game so far, and things will likely come to an end for them sometime soon.
It had gotten so bad that Bagley reportedly refused to go into the game during last night’s game against the Suns when Luke Walton called for him.
In the video, he was seen being supported by his teammates, and Luke didn’t want to comment on the matter.
Walton addressed the report on Wednesday before the team’s game against the Spurs. He didn’t exactly give a straight answer on whether or not the rumor was true.
“Marvin and I are constantly in communication, and today was about San Antonio,” said Walton before the Kings were crushed 136-117 in San Antonio. “Today was a very good shootaround and we’re going into tonight. He and everyone else knows, we need everyone this year and everyone has to be ready.
“Anything that happens within our group, that’s between our group. So the thing that matters is people know what’s expected and we continue to move forward tonight.”
When talking about the Bagley situation, something to keep in mind is that his qualifying offer will drop from $14 million to $7 million if he doesn’t start 41 games or play 2000 minutes.
Kings don’t really seem to know what they’re doing really. Or do they? While I always think you should play when called upon, it is hypocritical to tell someone you aren’t going to play them and then suddenly, out of the blue, want them to come into the game.
Flip the page to see the video and tell us your thoughts on Twitter if Bagley was in the right or not.