Chicago Racetrack to be Renamed “LeBron James Speedway” | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Chicago Racetrack to be Renamed “LeBron James Speedway”

by BSO Staff | Posted on Monday, June 7th, 2010

In more “LeBron Runs the World” news, a speedway in Chicago, Chicagoland Speedway, is hosting a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race in July, and it is reported that they plan to rename the track “LeBron James Speedway” for the event, should LeBron choose to accept Craig Rust’s (the president of Chicagoland Speedways) offer … SMH.

ESPNChicago reports:

On Thursday, Rust sent James a letter inviting the to-be NBA free agent to the LifeLock.com 400, which his track will host July 10. Besides re-naming the track in James’ name for the weekend, Rust would also have a “Lebron James Speedway” logo printed on limited edition merchandise, painted on the front stretch of the infield and incorporated into signage throughout the speedway.

“As a special VIP guest, you will be given the honorary title of ‘King’ of our NASCAR weekend,” Rust wrote in the letter, released by Chicagoland Speedway.

I’m getting quite tired of all these cities and their “LeBron, Please Come Here” attempts.  Does the city of Chicago really think that a NASCAR event is actually appealing enough to LeBron to persuade him to sign with the Bulls?  Uh … no.

At this point, I’m thinking that this summer for LeBron is going to be like that scene in He Got Game when Jesus visits Rick Fox’s University.  These cities are pretty much throwing everything but their newborn children at LeBron to get him to go there, which I predict is probably not far from happening, judging by how hard some of these cities are going at LeBron already and July 1st isn’t even close.

All I know is that if any of these cities offer LeBron a seat in Parliament to persuade him to choose their city … I’m Done.

1. kanewuzhere says:

if any city has naked broads waiting for lebron in a room like in he got game i would be LA, kobe is informative on that kind of thing

2. GR8-1 says:

Yeah, I'm sure LeBron loves being idolized by his second favorite sport.
    Go Bulls!

3. Simonne Witt says:

this website is my intake , real good design and perfect subject matter.

4. Your website offers a lot of unique insights and info. I have never really thought about it like that. Please keep updating your site. I will be visiting every time you do .

5. Foreclosed says:

Whats up? I am loving this article. I wrote about the same thing at Foreclosures.

6. xbox kinect says:

Personally i think in which you are having your own disagreement, I truly execute but your thoughts is reflecting what you do, especially a manifestation of your thinkings entirely. Serious failure your favorite open minded as well as receptive for some other knowledge. A number of people in web-based public undoubtedly are a limited immature

7. Lloyd Augeri says:

Deference to author , some great entropy. “If you don’t leap, you’ll never know what it’s like to fly.” by Guy Finley.

8. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.

9. Rea Salo says:

Awesome blog you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics discussed here? I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get opinions from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Bless you!