Are Police Targeting Adam “Pacman” Jones In Cincinnati? | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Are Police Targeting Adam “Pacman” Jones In Cincinnati?

by Robert Littal | Posted on Monday, August 2nd, 2010

I was reading Peter King’s Monday Morning quarterback and it was your standard training camp stuff until I read this little nugget about the Cincy PD and Adam “Pacman” Jones.

Pacman since his reinstatement and signing with the Bengals has been keeping a very low profile to the point I had actually forgot he was on the team.

Granted he has had a shady past, but does he really deserve this?

“Coming here was the best thing I could have done,” Pacman told me. “It’s been all football.” Except, I learned, for the two times cops trailed his car and made him sweat, including once when they told him to stay out of the car while they ran his plates — to see if it was stolen. Which it wasn’t, and which, to Jones, seemed like a clear case of police harassment. “Back a few years ago, I might have gone after the cop,” he said. “Now, I’ve grown up. I just waited ’til the situation was over, and I went on my way.” Good for him.

It is good to know that Jones’ didn’t make a situation out of it, but you have to wonder if the police seeing that it was Pacman Jones were searching for their 15 minutes of fame?

Jones received no citation either time, so why was he pulled over in the first place?

We have a term for that:

DRIVING WHILE BLACK

I was once pulled over and when I asked why the cop said my car matched the description of a vehicle that  was in a robbery.

I said what type of vehicle and the cop replied:

“A white one.”

Add Pacman’s history and how everyone wants to be on TMZ now, I can see how this can happen.

My advice to Pacman, just keep doing what you are doing, but next time get some badge numbers and report any suspicious activities by officers to the Bengals and let them handle it.

1. bangshang says:

I live in cincy and yes! he did the right thing…

2. KONG says:

Booooring!!!! Nice try in playing the race card. Pacman may have changed his attitude, for the moment, but he is no longer an NFL caliber player. Passing teams will eat him up.

• Bengalman says:

No such thing as the "race card" KONG.That implies that there is some type of paranoia involved and no one is out to get you because of your race ….that phrase was constructed mainly by the perpetrators of such conduct to immediately cast doubt on the accusers so that their complaints can be easily and quickly dismissed. I also grew up in the Cincinnati area one of the reasons why i don't live there is the obvious inequity in Police scrutiny that i have experienced first hand, Why should responsible Black motorists even have to deal with police unless they are committing an crime? Did he have a tail light out? was his registration expired? The whole stolen car scenario reinforces general idea that if a Black man is driving a nice car which Adam Jones probably was he must be a drug dealer or its stolen…that's what they think. I like the way you slipped in the "For the moment" comment in reference to his new outlook. You and the rest of white America, media are all rooting for him to fail…which is sad….he is human…i thought

• Tomas says:

I am white, i am not rooting for Adam to fail and I don't think the media is either. The media just want a story, good or bad. The media doesn't make the story, they report it. Is it likely that the cops followed and pulled Adam over? Yes. The cops used that same line on me when I was in my twenties, "Nice car, how did you afford it?"(Implying something illegal) It really makes a person mad when someone questions your integrity. That being said, what Adam and every other black person in America need to realize is that the police need evidence to arrest you, or they may provoke you into saying something or doing something that seems threatening and then they will "detain" you and find a reason to arrest you (ie, failure to comply, disorderly conduct). None the less I hope Adam has a successfull season with the Bengals.

• Bengalman says:

Even today it continues unpunished as we have witnessed in Oakland…. a cold blooded shooting of a handcuffed teenager…a not guilty verdict from an all white jury in a case with a videotaped execution!! Police punching our women…women!!! in the face on video tape.There is no way to sympathize with the plight of the black man until you have walked in his shoes. Besides mosquitoes and flies we are the most hated species on the planet

• Bengalman says:

No we need to change the culture entirely….nothing less would be acceptable. that is what "every other black person" needs to realize….. the police do not work for blacks in the same sense that they are public servants to everyone else…they are there to oppress and punish the people of color and maintain safety for the whites and enforce their agendas….there is a long documented history of police cooperation with white supremacy groups , shooting unarmed black men, planting evidence. Virtually all of the footage you see from the civil rights movement depicts graphic police violence towards peaceful black marchers. Even Today it is still apparently OK to shoot unarmed handcuffed black men in Oakland. Punch teenage black girls in the face and be vindicated by an all white jury. The plight of the black man is only known to him and the truth is that…besides mosquitoes and flies…we are the most hated species on the planet…"Race card" comments welcome

3. true cincy reds fan says:

I live in cincinnati and i can tell you they were just f ucking with pac-man cause they know who he is. He isn't the 1st one to go through this even Marvin Lewis acknowleged it a few years ago.It's no mystery that cincy is partly a racist city. It has gotten better tho.And by the way i agree with bengalman 125%

4. russ says:

You all make me sick it's always racial ! Try getting past it already no more excuses. Ijust got a ticket for five miles over what did he pull me over for? Three times in a month i'm over fifty and white.

• Bengalman says:

Yes you are "sick" as most White conservatives are today. The disease is called Racism. the signs and symptoms are:

1. Irrational beliefs and views towards people of color
      2. hatred of people of color with no basis
      3. Oppression of people of color
      4. Refusal to admit that slavery still has an impact on people today
      5. Belief that this country belongs to just you and blacks had no part in its foundation
      6. Reparations for slavery are not deserved and should never be talked about
      7. A Feeling that The government sponsored assassinations of our black leaders in the 60's and 70's was necessary

Why are black folks the only ones who have to "get over it"?

Not that i am a defender of OJ Simpson the man may have gotten away with a crime who knows? He is not someone who i am fond of but he was just sentenced to jail basically for the rest of life because of some memorabilia that may or may not have belonged to him (Nichole Simpson's Murder ) So why didn't the white people get over it?
      If we had not gotten over some of the events from the past this country would currently be in a state of Physical War. I say Physical because the war on young black men has begun already but it is more of a "cold war". Our "prisons" or modern day slave camps are full of primarily young blacks most for victimless crimes. Disparities in health care and availability proportionally kills more blacks than any other ethnic group. We are severely under employed, Housing is generally substandard. Education and facilities are substandard in most of our communities. So what do we need to "Get Over" Russ?
      You can ride through the suburbs and see the exact opposite your neighborhoods ( If you don't get pulled over)….SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER

5. meeks says:

what type of B.S. is this. A guy making that type of money has time to steal a car while he's trying to move ahead and do the the right thing.this kind of crap makes society @ large not trust most cops……..This is coming from a guy with every intent on being 1. Knock this unjust practice off and do what you were hired to do, Protect and Serve.

6. Aided me a lot, just what I was searching for : D.

7. tolle draufhein der gegen zu ommere mit brorgen und busting. elagerha den rmefu des pferess ohne eberarm, ckgaft, stern oder tentlig.

8. I understand that there are a lot of spam lately. Apparently it’s pretty hard for guys to grasp the concept that relationships can be mutually beneficial. I can leave a meaningful awesome comment and add content and essence to one of your posts and you will give me a link in exchange. There are too many takers out there and they aren’t willing to help people out. Take take take! .

9. Tyron Kines says:

Simply a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding pattern . “People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did it.” by Howard Newton.

10. Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness for your post is just excellent and that i could suppose you are knowledgeable in this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to snatch your feed to stay up to date with impending post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.