Mike Shanahan Benches Donovan McNabb for Rex Grossman to Expected Results | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
Uncategorized

Mike Shanahan Benches Donovan McNabb for Rex Grossman to Expected Results

by Robert Littal | Posted on Sunday, October 31st, 2010

The Rex Grossman era begins in Washington?

Probably not, but what happened this afternoon is beyond belief.

All of the Redskins games have been tight, McNabb’s play has been up and down. With that being said I think everyone agrees that he gives the Redskins the best chance to win.

The Redskins were down 6 with 2 minutes to go and without warning Rex Grossman trots out on the field?

Wait…….

What…….

Even if you are the one or two people who think Grossman should be the starter for the Redskins putting him in the game cold and expecting him to win it, was preposterous.

Is Mike Shanahan the coach or Steve Spurrier?

In a league where Brett Favre basically tells his coach when he wants to start, McNabb gets pulled for Rex Grossman?

Are we living in the Matrix?

They asked Shanahan why he made the decision here is what he had to say:

“I thought (Grossman) gave us the best chance to win, Grossman is more comfortable with offense and capable of running 2 min offense.”

Shanahan needs to be drug tested ASAP!!!!

I think he is smoking that good DC weed and it might be mixed with some Ron Washington.

Grossman was so comfortable that he fumble on the first snapped which lead to a TD for Ndamukong Suh and the Lions to seal the game.

By the way Suh almost got Leon Lett, celebrate when you are in the end zone young man.

As I said on twitter, McNabb is like the attractive 40 year old woman in the office who has no kids and is single. On the surface she appears to be perfect, but something has to be wrong that every man in her life treats her dirty.

I don’t think McNabb has to worry about getting that long term extension any time soon.

Powered by

1. mobb says:

This has to be the most ridiculous shyt i ve heard in my life,Grossman gave the redskins a better chance of winning than McNabb, r u fcuking kidding me,Just for saying that,if the Redskins knows what is good for them,they should fire Shanahan immediately.

2. tim says:

I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw rex grossman coming in like he would really win the game a very bad coaching decision

3. Abdul says:

I was at a friend's house watching the Buffalo-KC game, and I see that Rex Grossman was under center for the Skins. I immediately thought that McNabb must have got hurt and Rex came in for relief. No. McNabb is perfectly healthy and standing on the sidelines. The Skins are only down 6 points and they feel the need to bench him for Rex freaking Grossman? I go online to check his stats, and he was 17/30 for 210 yards with a TD and pick. Not glittering numbers, but far from deciding he should be benched. The biggest mistake I see in sports is thinking too much. Shanahan thinks that a player that isn't good enough to start for any team in the league is better suited to run a 2 minute offense than the QB he traded draft picks to acquire this offseason. That is a fireable offense, in my opinion. If they lose the game with McNabb under center, who cares? They still end up 4-4, only one game behind the Giants in the win column. This is a team that won just 4 games all last season. To create an unnecessary QB controversy is absolutely stupid.

4. MARCUS says:

YOUR RIGHT!!!! I THINK THE WHOLE OFFENSIVE LINE SHOULD BE FINED FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO BLOCK ANYONE. THEY ACT LIKE THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO WATCH THE GAME INSTEAD OF BLOCKING. POOR COACHING INDEED OR LACK OF. MAYBE THE THE GAME HAS PASSED SHANAHAN TOO!!!

5. Robert Littal says:

You are exactly correct. If they lose, no biggie, but now there is a firestorm

6. Lou says:

I wa SHOCKED! The only reason you should Bench McNabb is Injury–He is your main QB!!!
    With all due respect to Grossman-He is a BACK-UP!!! Now we havea Firestorm brewing–But the may Shanahan wants to light the fire under the 'Skins–He let loose an A_Bomb.

GO SKINS!!

7. Marc says:

It's just this simple…..there is NO offensive line in Washington and there hasn't been for at least 10 years. Instead, they drafted wide receivers which they really didn't need. Without blocking it doesn't matter how good your running backs, quarterback or receivers are, you won't have time to move the ball in the air and your ground game will be nill. Shanahan knows there are problems but is now trying anything to see if it works. You picked McNabb, stick with him and don't make knee-jerk, idiotic decisions that only show how desparate things are with the Skins. Go get some good linemen and things will improve, otherwise,SOS.

8. Jeff Zelnorm says:

Wrecks. That's how his name was spelled in Chicago. Mike, you had to be kidding. Cutler ain't looking good so far, but ask how many Bears' fans would want Wrecks back and I guarantee it is less than 1%.