Derek Fisher Being Accused of Being David Stern's Puppet | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Derek Fisher Being Accused of Being in David Stern’s Back Pocket

by Robert Littal | Posted on Sunday, October 30th, 2011

The best way to break up a Union is to get them fighting from within.

David Stern as a mob boss knows this better than anyone else.  Is this the reason he has been cozying up with Derek Fisher?  Now the Player’s association is questioning Fisher’s loyalty.

NBPA president Derek Fisher was prepared to accept the owners’ proposal of a 50-50 split of basketball-related income and promised commissioner David Stern that he could get the players’ union on board, FoxSports.com’s Jason Whitlock reports. Billy Hunter, the union’s executive director, and at least one other member of the PA’s executive board confronted Fisher on Friday morning to convince him to “reassess his 50-50 push,” according to the report.

Fisher and Hunter “haven’t been on the same page throughout this lockout,” Whitlock writes.

Kobe Bryant agreed with Fisher, his Lakers teammate, that the players should accept 50-50, but Hunter remained firm in his stance that they should accept no less than 52-48, a source told Whitlock. Hunter and the executive committee member convinced Fisher to hold to 52 percent, but not before they questioned his relationship with Stern and deputy commissioner Adam Silver.

When you were getting 57% of anything it is hard to go all the way down to 50%.  It depends on how honest you think the Owners are in regards to needed this change to fix the business model.
Whatever the case maybe the NBAPA needs to be on the same page or the David Stern will break them.

1. atl1967 says:

take the deal Fisher understands that 50% is better than 0% which if he keep hoping for a better deal it aint coming oweners have hammer.

• ELove says:

You SOUND LIKE a Idiot and a Moron… If the Players DON’T PLAY then THERE IS NO LEAGUE and NO MONEY to be Earned/Made TO DIVIDE !!!

2. Leon X says:

I’d consider the source of this story (Whitlock), but it does raise the issue that guys who aren’t the top 25 players in the league will suffer.

• ELove says:

I DON’T LIKE Whitlock Either but That doesn’t mean He’s NOT Reporting The TRUTH Though… I’ve heard that Rumor Also and wouldn’t be SHOCKED If TRUE (Real)

3. Bert Sirnio says:

Fantastic tale, reckoned we’re able to mix a few unconnected information, nevertheless well worth taking a look, whoa do 1 learn about Middle of the East has got more problerms too.

4. rick geiger says:

NO way. It was idiotic to strike at all. The number are what they are and the NBA players will never get the money they lost back and never had a chance of getting it back. What the players should have done is worked with the league to get them to expand other money making opportunities for the players, as well as pushing for some equity in the teams. In my view Billy Hunter just did not understand the numbers or his ego got in the way of doing the right thing for the players. This idea that they were protecting players 10 years down the road was silliness and totally bogus.

5. artykuly says:

I must say, as considerably as I enjoyed reading what you had to say, I couldnt help but lose interest after a while. Its as if you had a excellent grasp on the topic matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from a lot more than one angle. Or maybe you shouldnt generalise so much. Its better if you think about what others may have to say instead of just going for a gut reaction to the topic. Think about adjusting your personal thought process and giving others who may read this the benefit of the doubt.

6. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for beginner blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.