Chris Draft Loses His Wife Keasha Rutledge Draft to Cancer 1 month after Wedding | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Former NFL Player Chris Draft Loses His Wife Keasha Rutledge Draft to Cancer 1 month after Wedding

by Robert Littal | Posted on Thursday, December 29th, 2011

chris-draft-wife-4

Picture 3 of 4

I know I can be a bit cynical when it comes to Athletes and their marriages, but this simply breaks my heart. I don’t know how anyone can read this story and not be sad.

I feel so badly for Chris Draft, no one should have to deal with this.

The fairytale came to an end Tuesday–one month to the day of their wedding–as Keasha Rutledge Draft lost her battle with cancer, a longtime friend of Chris’ has confirmed to TheYBF.com.

Chris’ friends are also asking everyone to send prayers to the families as they navigate this difficult time.

Thoughts and prayers go out to their family and friends.

If you have the means please donate to cancer research because it truly affects everyone in our society.

Powered by

1. lorena vaughn says:

May God contiune to blessed the Draft family and the Rutledge our sister is in a better place. No more pain Keasha will not return she’s @ home now. God Bless Everyone.

2. Sonia says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families. I am so sorry for your loss. May God comfort you and keep you during your very precious loss. Just by looking at the Video Keasha seem like she was a beauiful person. She is an Angel with Angels.

3. Luther says:

In times of sorrow; I like to use this Bible verse as a measure of comfort as taken from the book of Revelations: 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

4. Ruby Rankin says:

This is so sad. My heart goes out Chris Draft. I know what its like to lose someoneto this dreaded disease. May she rest in peace. The ceremony seemed beautiful. You are in my Prayers.

5. LAKASHA WILLIAMS says:

My prayers go out to you and your family. I lost my dad four days before Thanksgiving and I am also dealing with cancer which at the moment I am in remission. She is no longer in anymore pain she is at peace. God has a pretty and wonderful angel that is still with you in your heart. She is watching over you. That was the most beautiful wedding video I ever seen. Again my heart is saddend by your lost and you are in my prayers

6. victoira says:

my prayers are with the family of keasha there will be no more pain no more trips to hospital she is with our father who will take good care of her chris you will see her again in time god bless you and her family.

7. Butch says:

This is so sad, I hope Chris and their family are able to get through this! R.I.P. Keasha

8. Lorraine says:

My heart and prayers goes out to the Draft and the Rutledge family. I hope Chris take comfort in knowing that God was ready for another Angel and he will see her again someday… God Bless you all…

9. Wanda says:

Safe in His Arms
    Verse
    Because the Lord is my shepherd,
    I have everything I need.
    He lets me rest in the meadow’s grass
    ad He leads me beside the quiet streams,
    He restoreth my failing health
    and He helps me to do what honors Him the most;
    that’s why I’m safe (3x),
    safe in His arms.

Chorus
    When the storms of life are raging,
    and the billows roll;
    so glad He shall hide me safe in His arms.

Vamp
    So glad He shall hide me.

Ending
    Safe in His arms.

You are all im my prayers and I believe as JESUS has promised during this your time of bereavement HE is carrying you through. Be Strong and trust in the LORD. God Bless you and your entire family

10. mrs.coop says:

I am so sorry for your lost, we must thank God each and every day we open your eyes and see another day, because someone did not may it. keep family and love one near. we do no know the day or the hour when it might be our last time.may God Bless you one and all.we all must stand before God in the end.As sure as we or born we all must die one day and the one that go up to heaven will see our love one again and the one that or going to hell well see their love too.I must say it like it.

11. My prayers go out to Chris and Keasha’s family. I prayer God keeps his loving arms wrapped tightly around you during this time and the days to follow. Take eternal joy in knowing that Keasha is looking down smiling rejoicing at how happy she is in her father’s kingdom and one day Chris (you) will be reunited again with your angel! Much love!

12. Daniels Lady 59 says:

My heart is heavy as i stumble over this article i have listen and watch the wedding and the life she live video where do you find this kind of love my answer as i pray and ask good who could give this women joy in the mist of her pain and who can give this man love in the mist of his lost to carry the wedding plan through as plan the answer god gave me is the great i am her strenght i am his peace because the unity they have with me i can also give them yea i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil thy or with you and i know this is a symbol of the god love so Christ and the entire family keep your hand in god hand and have have already brought u to that place in him to rest

13. Daniels Lady 59 says:

My heart is heavy as i stumble over this article i have listen and watch the wedding and the life she live video where do you find this kind of love my answer as i pray and ask god who could give this women joy in the mist of her pain and who can give this man love in the mist of his lost to carry the wedding plan through as plan the answer that god gave me is the great i am her strenght i am his peace because the unity they have with me i can also give them yea i walk through the valley the shadow of death i will fear no evil thy or with you and i know this is a symbol of god love so Christ and the entire family keep your hand in god hand and he have already brought u to that place in him to trust

14. Kirk says:

Having lost my wife to sudden cardic death, I can empathise with him. I don’t follow football, and I know nothing about him except he is a fellow man, suffering horriably right now. I will keep him, his family and his wife in my prayers, and light a candle for them all.