Brewers GM Gets Stung by Scorpion Then Checks Google to Find Cure (Photo)

doug melvin scorpion

It has been a rough week for baseball general managers.

First New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman broke his ankle while skydiving, then in a story via Yahoo Sports, Milwaukee Brewers general manager Doug Melvin had to visit the emergency room after a scorpion stung him while at home.

Melvin wasn’t concerned at first, because he’s tough (if not sexy) but he began to worry after numbness went up his left arm. He did an internet search on scorpion stings and decided to head to the emergency room, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports:

Melvin just told me he reached down to pick up what he thought was a harmless bug with a Kleenex but it turned out to be an Arizona bark scorpion. Melvin was stung on the middle finger of his left hand and when he started experiencing numbness going up his arm, he Googled scorpion stings and decided he better go to a hospital.

“I spent three hours in an emergency room in Scottsdale,” Melvin said Thursday morning at the Brewers’ Maryvale complex. “My arm is still totally numb.

“It stung me right through the Kleenex.”

I’m more amazed that he had the composure to go visit Google after being stung by a venomous arachnid, I would’ve been too worried about you know, dying.