KFC Serves Customer Fried Paper Towel Instead of Chicken (Photo)

fried paper towel bso

This is just horrifyingly disgusting.

An English woman was in for quite the unappetizing surprise when her stepson took a bite into a deep fried blue paper towel. The woman, Krystal Henderson described the incident, via Huffington Post:

“He pulled it out of his mouth and when he did, it pulled away the batter – you could see the blue roll inside,” Henderson said, according to the Daily Mail.

Henderson said that realizing Oliver had bitten into a paper towel was worse than if it had just been bad chicken.

“If it was bad chicken they might have just had a bad batch or something,” she said. “But the blue roll could have been used for anything – it could have bleach or disinfectant on it … Had someone wiped their hands on it, had it been used to wipe the floor?”

KFC investigated the incident and, in May, sent Henderson an apology letter, explaining
“the blue tissue has most likely originated from a tissue roll used for KFC hygiene purposes. The store assume it must have fallen unseen into the breading lug that is under the sieve and was not noticed by the cook.”

A spokesperson for KFC made the following statement, obtained by the Mirror:

We’re very sorry for Ms Henderson’s experience and apologized to her immediately, as well as giving her a refund at the time of the incident.We take food quality and hygiene very seriously and unfortunately, on this extremely rare occasion, our restaurant failed to meet the high standards that both we and our customers expect.We have retrained staff on our stringent food preparation procedures at this store to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

No telling where that napkin could’ve previously been–one shudders at the mere thought–something tells me a free meal isn’t going to cut it.