The fallout from Brock Lesnar’s failed PED test continues as Mark Hunt is now making strong demands following his now controversial loss to Brock Lesnar. According to mmafighting.com, Mark Hunt is demanding that the UFC give him half of Lesnar’s $2.5 million purse, or be released from his UFC contract.
Here are the details:
Upon hearing the news that Brock Lesnar, who defeated Hunt via unanimous decision at UFC 200 last week, had been notified by USADA of a potential anti-doping violation, stemming from a failure of an out-of-competition drug test on June 28, Hunt asked UFC officials for half of Lesnar’s purse or else he would like to be released from his contract effective immediately. Hunt said the UFC has not yet responded to his request.
“The cheaters get a slap on the wrist and walk off,” Hunt told MMA Fighting. “What penalty or deterrent is there to make them think twice? Nothing. And the [Nevada Athletic Commission], why should these [expletive] get anything? They are not the ones who had to fight with Lesnar or lose [to him]. I lost.”
Mark Hunk is understandably upset and he predicted that Lesnar would test positive for PEDs a few weeks before UFC 200, referring to him as “juiced to the gills.” However, Hunt’s demands may not mean much unless he negotiated specific stipulations into his contract prior to the fight that covered the possibility of his opponent using steroids. Dana White could step in here and compensate Hunt based on the unfair advantage Lesnar had during the match, but I doubt there is any chance he will be released from his UFC contract.