Rockets Can't Find Trade Partner for Jeremy Lin | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Report: No Teams Want to Trade for Jeremy Lin

by Robert Littal | Posted on Sunday, July 7th, 2013

Jeremy Lin

If I was one of those type of guys who saved Tweets just to say I told you so (I am not that type of guy, because I am also wrong about a lot things), I would bring up all the people bashing me for Jeremy Lin was just an average player at best ,who caught fire for a month, but was no superstar.

I tried to tell people who no matter your nationality, you have to sustain elite level status to become a superstar and Lin was just a flash in the pan.  I don’t blame Lin at all for cashing out, that is what you are supposed to do when you are hot and GMs think you are the next big thing.

The Rockets have made a lot of shrewd moves over the last year, but overpaying for Lin wasn’t one of them. They are trying to get rid of him, but no one wants to take on that bloated contract for essentially a backup point guard.

1. BX2DaDeath says:

Other teams are offering the pu pu platter.

2. Matt Stueck says:

Lets wait to see how he plays with Dwight Howard and the pick and roll! Also injuries are a concern now with Lin as well! So lets give him another season and see how it does! Talk to you at the end of next year

3. GQTrojan says:

Just like it was way to early to call Lin a superstar and give him that extra large contract, I think it’s still too early to say he is just an average, backup point guard. He just came off his first, full season as a starter in the NBA so I’m not ready to throw dirt on him yet. I think he still has the potential to become a good starting PG in the NBA.

4. Fatboyslim says:

I don’t care for Lin as a player but I do think he will have a better season this year mainly due to this being his second year as a starter plus with the addition of D12. Harden and Parson will be better also so they really don’t need Lin to be a superstar…just steer the Rocket! (Okay bad joke I know)

5. LYang says:

Until Rockets actually announce they are trading Lin, I won’t believe these “sources” or “reportedly” reports. Even Morey said that, besides Harden, Asik, Lin was the 3rd most responsible for helping them make playoffs this past season. Why people always assume he’s never going to get better. How good was Tony Parker his first few years? Elite PGs didn’t become elite PGs overnight, even the likes of Parker, Steve Nash, Chris Paul still needed time to get better. Jeremy Lin will prove doubters wrong.

• ELove says:

Tony Parker was WINNING CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS His 1st FEW YEARS in The NBA Though (MmmHmm…)

• Jerry Jones says:

You are right ELOVE but i recall that they were going to try to get Jason Kidd to replace Tony Parker during that 2003 season.

• Yze Guy says:

AWFUL comparison. The Spurs had a very talented, VETERAN squad that had won already. You cannot compare the 2. In comparison, Parker came in to a great team like Kobe did & Lin was asked to lead a random collection of guys like LBJ did.