Joe Flacco Says Ray Lewis' Speeches Didn't Make Any Sense | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Joe Flacco Says Ray Lewis’ Speeches Didn’t Make Any Sense

by Robert Littal | Posted on Friday, August 23rd, 2013

black sports online ray lewis crying

It is my opinion that Joe Flacco didn’t shed any tears when Ray Lewis announced his retirement. Older Ray Lewis was a good not great Linebacker and it was Joe Flacco who was mainly responsible for the Ravens latest Super Bowl win. I appreciate Flacco’s honesty in saying what a lot of us already knew.

TheNosebleeds.com has the quote via ESPN.

“I love Ray,” Flacco said, “and I love how he always spoke from the heart, but if you listened to those speeches, a lot of them didn’t even make sense. He meant everything he was saying, but I didn’t know what he was talking about 90 percent of the time.”

Most preachers do just ramble on about nothing.  A lot of the Ray’s sermons were self-serving, but they were entertaining and we are in the entertainment business.

What that being said this is quite possibly the greatest NFL sermon of all-time, it just happen to be for a video game.

H/T NFL_RealUpdates

1. Tom Franks says:

What are black sports? Are they sports only black ppl can play? Afaik, those don’t exist.

2. David Crowe says:

Maybe Joe better brush up on his ebonics. I can’t understand alot of them.

3. ImmortalMutant says:

I met Ray once & I couldn’t understand him either:
    RL: “I like Beirut!”
    Me “Beirut? Why do you like Beirut?”
    RL: “Coz I be jus’ LIKE Beirut!”
    Me: “Umm…..what do you mean Ray?”
    RL: “Cuz Beirut be da bes bayball playa eva live! I be bes’ fooball playa!

4. Eldridge Lee says:

“Most preachers do just ramble about nothing”, therefore, most preachers are in the entertainment business.Your premise is fallacious. Perhaps a better quantifier would be “some”.

5. greg wilson says:

double homicide
    Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker’s blood later was found in Lewis’ limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo’s passengers to “keep their mouths shut.” The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.

“I’m not trying to end my career like this,” Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo.

He didn’t. For his punishment, Lewis received one year of probation and a $250,000 fine by the NFL.

6. barry soetoro says:

why do we need a mutt like this In the broadcasting industry. is this the best they can do?????

7. Mike... says:

Thanks author of this column for pretty much confirming your stance as being an athiest. However, don’t use your status as an athiest to assault an individual who played a sport better than you ever could attempt to try. His speeches didn’t make sense to you or flacco perhaps because you have comprehension issues?

• Leroy says:

It’s funny how a guy comes in the league, first through fifth years, he doe’s answer a question even when asked. Now he is saying things that, even if he felt that way, it should remain in house. If Flacco would have been drafted by the Bills, not the magical Ravens. He would be Super Bowl MVP!?

8. Ron says:

Flacco should be ashamed of himself for saying that. If Lewis was talking nonesense, why was his speeches televised. So I guess that Flacco thinks that everyone else is so dumb and offense alone, with no blocking, makes him able to pass the football. Defense wins championships

9. Dave says:

How many people on here accusing Ray of speaking through Ebonics have a college degree even half as prestigious as one from the U? Hmm, none. Not to mention if I hear one more person say git’er’don or call someone a douche when women haven’t haven’t used one of those since the 80′s, I may just punch someone. On Flacco, way to go jerky. You just threw 2 picks in a preseason game and now in effect challenged Ray’s position as to how he lead your team. Should be a good season. Rothlesberger got there with two different teams (in effect), Eli did, Peyton did, Brady did, now let’s see you do it. Because Ray is gone. It’s on you now.

• Jesus says:

College Football players do not have to take their own tests.

• Stephen says:

I agree that some of Ray Lewis’ speeches didn’t make sense. I heard him say he could feel the Baltimore balance of power shift from defense to offense. He said Joe Flacco was becoming the new leader of the Ravens. That speech didn’t make sense at all. Ray is one of the greatest to ever play the game. Joe Flacco just made my Panthers Defense look like the 2000 Baltimore Defense.

10. WhiteChocolate says:

Ray Lewis murdered that guy in Atlanta back in the day…he got away with murder and played many more years making millions of dollars. I don’t really give a sh*t I’m just saying what happened. Flacco better run the other way if he see’s Lewis coming along in a white suit huh?!?!?!?