Mike Vick Says Bin Laden Deserved What He Got, Disagrees With Mendenhall | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Mike Vick Says Bin Laden Deserved What He Got, Disagrees With Mendenhall

by Robert Littal | Posted on Thursday, May 5th, 2011

I think there is a ton of confusion in regards to how people are taking the comments by Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall. I break that down in my article “The Vilification of Rashard Mendenhall”.

People think the problem is disagreeing with Mendenhall’s opinion, that isn’t the problem.  I disagree with about 80% of what he said, the problem is when you start saying that he shouldn’t speak how he feels or he shouldn’t have a differing opinion, that is when you become a hypocrite.

Only people know deep down in the heart if they are being hypocrites or can they be adults about the situation.  Michael Vick gave his thoughts on the subject and here is what he had to say.

“It was about time,” Vick told 102.1 FM and 1490 AM The Game back home in Virginia. “What he so-called did to our people, took so many innocent lives. Hey, he deserved every bit of it.

That is a perfectly fine position to take and one that many people believe (the majority opinion).

I don’t think what Vick is saying really has anything to do with Mendenhall personally, it is just how he feels about the situation.  If someone else came out and said they would have preferred Bin Laden would have been captured and went to trial that would be ok to0.

The point I am trying to make if you haven’t figured it out by now,  is that it is ok to have an opinion and it is ok if someone has an opinion that is different from yours.

Relax, drink a Capri Sun and wipe that Kendrick Perkins mean mug off your face.

Powered by

1. We know what Vic woulda done. RT @BlkSportsOnline: BSO Post: Mike Vick Says Bin Laden Deserved What He Got, http://bit.ly/lkYm6Y

2. MT @BlkSportsOnline: Mike Vick Says Bin Laden Deserved What He Got. http://t.co/1DUQFeS

3. TOO REAL says:

ONE KILLER TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER AIN’T THIS A BI$CH.

4. TOO REAL says:

ONE KILLER TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER AIN’T THIS A BLIP

5. TOO REAL says:

ONE KILLER TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER KILLER – AIN’T THIS A BLIP

6. TOO REAL says:

ONE KILLER OF GOD’S CREATURES TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER. ISN’T THIS A BLIP. THE SAME PEOPLE CRITIZING MENDENHALL IS THE SAME PEOPLE WHO SAY SO WHAT VICK ONLY KILLED DOGS.

7. TOO REAL says:

A KILLER OF GOD’S CREATURES TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER KILLER. ISN’T THIS AS BLIP. THE SAME PEOPLE CRITICIZING MENDENHALL, ARE THE SAME PEOPLE FEEL VICK ONLY KILLED DOGS. MENDENHALL YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION AND ALL ENDORSEMENT COMPANIES WANT ARE YES MEN.

8. James Kennedy says:

True, everyone has a right to their opinion. The Steeler org. has their opinion, Champion Sports has their opinion. Everyone has their opinion. I as a consumer also have the power to make my opinion heard & felt through the awesome power of my currency. This is probably where Mendenhall will have a bit of trouble. Sure u can express your opinion, but if it(your opinion) outrages the general public, you may have some trouble as a entertainment figure. Whats wrong with that?

Wait a minute… What about Hitler… We never did get to hear his side of the story.

P.S. If Vick is a murderer, then Colonel Sanders is the equivalent of Hitler. From your obvious “soap box” mentality you are most likely a Christian, but U probably missed the part early in the book where God gave man dominion of all creatures of the earth. I know it’s weird because that doesn’t seem like something God would do, but it says it in the book So It Must Be TRUE! LOL.

Just a quick question: If it was my personal opinion that a man my age (30 yrs. old) should be allowed to have sex with a consenting 15 yr. old(Kelly, she’s soo hot), would it be ok if i could represent your company. Because really, I do need a job A.S.A.P. Please let me know about the sex with kids thing immediately cause she should be getting off that school bus any second now.