Vikings Jared Allen Says New Orleans Looks Like "3rd World Country" | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Vikings Jared Allen Says New Orleans Looks Like “3rd World Country” & Hates Detroit

by Robert Littal | Posted on Friday, December 9th, 2011

Why does Jared Allen get a pass?

Multiple DUIs, suspensions, punching guys in the groin (or wiener as he says) and more, but the national media loves the guy.

Check out these comments from Allen and ask yourself if this was Chris Johnson would people just gloss over it?

I don’t like going to Detroit,” Allen said, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “I’ll be honest. It’s gloomy, it sucks. Everything is brown and then there is snow on the ground. There’s like brownstones everywhere and I’m like, ‘Awesome.’ I don’t know, I couldn’t do it. If I had to live in Detroit, I think I’d just drown myself in the river that was across the way.

“I’m not trying to be mean but it’s just depressing when I go there. There’s two cities like I don’t go out to eat or don’t do anything. It’s Detroit and New Orleans. New Orleans looks like I’m driving through a third-world country. Every time I get off the plane, I’m like, ‘Oh, flak jacket.’ I’m trying to get down. I’m like, ‘Ah, crap, I can’t carry my gun here. This sucks.’”

Stay classy Jared……..Stay classy.

1. Anon says:

What is wrong with what he said? Do you have a problem with his honesty or are you insinuating that he is implying something else? Either way, to answer your question, he has privilege that Chris Johnson doesn’t have. But I don’t see anything wrong with his comments. I’m pretty sure most people who live in Detroit and New Orleans feel the same way! Look at what the cities have been through.

• ragg says:

What privilege does he have that CJ doesn’t?

• M Bush says:

Really? Have you been to Detroit or New Orleans? I went to U of Michigan and didn’t mind Detroit. And he doesn’t like eating in New Orleans? Are you kidding me?! I’m from there and find it absolutely heinous when people don’t eat out! The food is amazing! A hell of a lot better than what they seve in Minnesota.

2. Brian says:

Jared Allen is a redneck peckerwood but at least he’s upfront and not worrying about trying to be PC.

3. A.C says:

Reminds me of John Rocker, and he was v-i-l-i-f-i-e-d by the NY media.

4. GQTrojan says:

This isn’t much different than what Joachim Noah said about the city of Cleveland a few years back. What they say may be unclassy, but they’re just expressing themselves in a truthful fashion.

5. ragg says:

You know why he gets a pass,you just don’t want to say it. Ask yourself, what would happen if LeBron said the same thing?

• Rod says:

He didn’t have to, he just packed up and left.

• Barlow says:

You are absolutely the worst type of person. You’re a race-mongering loathsome fool. I hope to God your influence on people in the physical realm is as minimal as it appears to be online. Try spreading love and unity instead of hate and segregation, you foolish hypocrite.