Madelyn “Madie” Nicpon, a college lacrosse player, tragically lost her life after choking during a hot dog eating contest during a charity event.
The Tufts University student was a standout on the lacrosse team and accidentally choked to death after participating in an off-campus fundraiser event.
Madie was honored by her teammates and school during a vigil attended by nearly half of the 6,000 student body.
“In the face of this painful loss,” school officials said in a statement, “our hearts go out to Madie’s family and friends.”
A fundraiser has been set up for Nicpon’s family to cover their daughter’s funeral costs.
“Madie Nicpon was a beautiful and brilliant daughter, granddaughter, sister, and friend,” it said. “Her contagious smile and laughter lit up every room. Her generosity and kindness has left a lasting impact on those around her.
Flip the page to see the tribute the University posted on their Instagram page.