Training camp for the Indianapolis Colts begins this week, and quarterback Daniel Jones is scheduled to resume full-speed action. Just before the team’s first practice on Wednesday, July 29, Jones, 29, revealed on The Pat McAfee Show that he has been cleared for 11-on-11 drills. This follows a difficult recuperation after last year’s ruptured Achilles tendon and fractured fibula.
Prior to his injuries, Jones was enjoying a stellar season after agreeing to a two-year, $88 million contract with the Colts in the offseason. Jones’ commitment to his recovery was commended by Colts head coach Shane Steichen, who said, “He looks great.” He is the best at attacking the rehabilitation process.
#Colts QB Daniel Jones said on @PatMcAfeeShow that he is fully cleared from the torn Achilles he suffered in December and he will be on the field for the start of training camp this week. pic.twitter.com/rH0uHoVSsW
— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) July 27, 2026
Jones will participate fully in training camp, according to Steichen, which is a big step toward his comeback.
Although there are still concerns regarding Jones’ capacity to fully recover from the Achilles injury, the Colts are hopeful about his comeback. His accuracy and mobility continue to raise concerns, particularly when things go awry. Jones has, however, made encouraging progress in organized team activities and minicamp, taking part in solo exercises and 7-on-7 drills.
Jones’ performance will be critical to the Colts’ success as they get ready for the forthcoming season. Instead of adding a seasoned veteran backup, the Colts have made significant investments in Jones.