Video: Dad Teaches His Son How to Burn a Tony Romo Jersey

by Robert Littal | Posted on Monday, October 3rd, 2011

Wait…………..

What………….

As I have told you for years fan is short for FANATIC and while in general if grown men and women want to make a fool of themselves that is their prerogative, but when you bring children into the mix that is a big problem.

Kids take their cues from their parents. That is why certain things you don’t do in front of your kids.  For example my mom curses like a sailor, but I have banned her from cursing when she is with my daughter.

The message this video sends to this man’s son is bad on so many levels.  As Los That Sports Blog points out the kid can’t be any older than 7-8 years old and he is being trained by his father to say these things about Tony Romo.

I can tell you for a fact that a 7 year old isn’t “sick and tired” of anything that a NFL quarterback is doing.  The boy is a Cowboys fan because his dad told him he was a Cowboys fan and threw all the gear on him.  What Tony Romo is doing on the field has no effect on what is going on in the mind of a 7 year old boy.

If that wasn’t bad enough teaching him to play with fire and burning a jersey is such a awful lesson on how to deal with disappointment I fear for this boy’s future.

What is going to happen when a teacher or a girlfriend disappoints him?  How is he going to react?  If his dad burns jerseys of a player he never met in his life, what do you think his son is going to do when someone close to him hurts him.  The Dad he doesn’t care about that he is too busy being a disgruntle Cowboys fan than a responsible father.

The fact they have made a video of it has me seriously questioning this father parenting skills.  If you want to be a pathetic adult who lives vicariously through athletes that is fine, but to bring your kid into it and burning jerseys that is weak.

Cowboys fan need to get a grip, it is just a football game. The whole thing is sick and demented.

I hope someone calls child services on him immediately.

1. Jim Bob says:

Fascinating – you decry how terrible this act is, and then turn around and highlight the event and post the video thereby spreading the word. This is so that you can live vicariously via a blog site to feel relevant to current events. Pathetic.

• Bob says:

Heck Ya JimBob,,,This guy is proping himself up. Trying to make us believe he is a cool cat. You know what? We’re doing it right now by responding to this crap.

2. Dire Straights says:

I almost feel sorry for these guys, there is a very real possibility that they, both father and son, are mentally handicapped.

The whole thing is just pathetic, including posting this stupidity on a blog.

3. Name says:

“I hope someone calls child services on him immediately.’

Go for it homey. They will laugh at you, and explain they have real problems to deal with.

4. Friends don’t let friends become Cowboys fans. Or let them teach their kids to be Cowboys fans, either. And Dire Straights: Yes – being Cowboys fans, they are both indeed mentally handicapped. Or at the very least, good-team-impaired…

5. ricksterz says:

The writer needs to relax. They aren’t burning a cat or anything. Besides, they are Cowboys fans, so they probably don’t function well in polite society anyway. Burn, baby, burn.

6. Very well written post. It will be valuable to anybody who usess it, as well as me. Keep doing what you are doing i will definitely read more posts.

7. Hello There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

8. t has helped their struggle with tinnitus.another great way to prevent ringing in the ears is doing yog http://www.mitsvensurfboards.com/surfboards/?q=node/15290 ,a. Yoga keeps your body in excellent shape and health condition throughout once lifetime. This ca

9. this url says:

Greetings vso software convertxtodvd 4 key notable content convertxtodvd free for Dad Teaches His Son How to Burn a Tony Romo Jersey (Video) | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

10. Sexanzeigen says:

I’ll right away grab your rss as I can’t find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

11. robert says:

“Cowboys fan need to get a grip, it is just a football game” HELLOOOOOOO IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME!!! FOOTBALL IS LIFE! GOD MADE FOOTBALL! COWBOYS ARE THE BEST!