This was a very sad story, but it is still very much a mystery.
The cops haven’t said much and Nicholson hasn’t been charged with anything, but now we know what Ms. Crabbe overdosed from via TMZ Sports.
The woman who died after being taken to the hospital by NFL player Montae Nicholson passed away due to an accidental fentanyl overdose … TMZ Sports has learned.
We broke the story, back on Nov. 14, Nicholson and a friend found 21-year-old Julia Crabbe “foaming at the mouth” in Nicholson’s Ashburn, Virginia home after a night out.
According to police documents, Nicholson and the friend took Crabbe to a nearby hospital … where she was later pronounced dead.
Now, TMZ Sports has learned Crabbe’s death has been ruled an accident … a spokesperson for the county medical examiner tells us Crabbe died of “fentanyl intoxication.”
In court docs, obtained by TMZ Sports in November, cops say they found pills, weed and “foil with residue” when they searched Nicholson’s home the day after the incident.
Her family believes Nicholson is responsible and protested outside of the Redskins facility.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Flip the page for the family speaking out.