Photos: Niele Ivey Notre Dame Assistant Coach | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Pretty Ladies: Notre Dame Assistant Coach Niele Ivey @irishcoachivey (Photos)

by Robert Littal | Posted on Wednesday, April 4th, 2012

niele-ivey-2

Picture 3 of 10

I have to be honest.

I was half watching Baylor beat down Notre Dame for the Women’s National Championship, while eating a cherry croissant (don’t ask me why) when this picture of a very beautiful, but distraught young lady appeared on my TV and stopped me dead in my tracks.

My first reaction was………..

“Who is that?”

My second reaction was………

“I wish she was my coach”

My third reaction was………

Well, no need to go into that. I went to the Dollarnaire empire on Twitter for answers that is when they informed of her name Niele Ivey and her Twitter account @IrishCoachIvey.

Then I saw this pic.

This is turn had me like……….

Now here comes the ironic part. Ivey went to Catholic Grade and High School in Saint Louis, Missouri. As most of you know I was getting my Al Bundy on also in Catholic Grade and High School in the STL around the same time.

Ivey went to Cor Jesu Academy and I went to Bishop Duburg. We were in the same district and it is likely that we crossed paths at some point during those years.

Ivey went on to star and win a National Championship at Notre Dame, play in WNBA and overseas.

I went on to The Ohio State University study journalism, failed rap career and now run a Multi-Nickle website.

Small world, so when Ivey comes back for her high school reunion I think I should be her date. Spread the word.

1. Brian says:

You’re a little late to the game Rob. I’ve been on to her from the time all the Skylar Diggins buzz started. Best reason for fellas to tune into a ND Game is to see Coach Ivey wearing the hell out of a nice dress.

2. Q from Sports Q&A says:

Yeah Rob you are hella late… Niele Ivy was Skylar Diggins before Skylar was (they brought her in as a coach and made that her first duty; GET SKYLAR). I followed her when she won the NC with ND, and then when she went on to the Indiana Fever in the WNBA…
    Her babydaddy is former golden domer and MI prep-star Javin Hunter. He had a brief cup of tea in the NFL but now is in a lower-rung Arena football league… I think you got enough clout to push past him LOL

3. eazy says:

yea really late, matter of fact when I saw Serena yesterday, i tweeted u to do one on her, check your mentions, and next day, u got her! Thank u sir!

4. Rodney H says:

Miss Ivey is a very beautiful lady. Actually, a woman a man would perhaps want to commit to, as she has appears to be commitment to her job, son & very shapely. If the relationship with God is strong, this lady is limitless. Would love to see her in L.A.

5. Ronnie B says:

I’m late also but I don’t watch a lot of NCAA womens hoops. Anyway, I saw this lady at the beginning of the season and found myself getting upset because the cameramen wouldn’t show the “Bench” enough. LOL!All I can say is wow! Make it 2 peeps that would love to see her in L.A.

6. Regular Brotha says:

Rob, your full court press better be on point cuz Coach Ivey obviously has skillz. The St. Lou prep school thing might get her attention initially but you gonna need handles!!!

7. Speak Loud says:

Dude You didn’t know, I caught a bad case of the “Ivey” when they won the National Championship 2001, But she full and Grown Now, being from the DC area, I go to the Georgetown vs ND Game every year to watch the bench.. FYI, G’town has a player name Sugar Roger… She is Sweet

8. U of Va. #1 says:

just got finished watching ND beat UConn in the Big East Championship…..really didn’t want to see the game, too busy looking at Coach Ivey rock that blue dress…..if she says the “word” I’ll buy the ring……no ?’s asked!

9. Torrie Redden says:

Everybody’s late on here. Niele and myself go back to mid-county YMCA in Brentwood. I’m at Country Day, she was at Cor Jesu, Larry Hughes was at CBC, and Chris Carrawell and Jahidi White were at Cardinal Ritter. That’s St. Louis basketball in the mid 90’s.

10. Wherever you go, I will comply with…Congrats!!!!